Sanitary Route Driver - San Antonio area * SIGN ON BONUS *
J Bar Enterprises is looking for individuals who want to be a part of an amazing team at J Bar. Our Portable Sanitary Service Technician (Route Driver) is an integral part of the excellent service we provide for our customers. The Portable Sanitary Service Technician operates a company service truck and drives to various locations to transport, service, pump, and clean portable restrooms and holding tanks. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply. Do you think you could do that? Are you looking for a career with possibilities for advancement and recognition at J Bar? Keep reading for more details.
- 8 Paid holidays per year
- 401(k) with 3 1/2% match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Accidental and Disability Insurance
- Personal Financial Coaching (optional)
- 3rd party counseling services available for all employees and their immediate families (optional)
- Job Type: Full-Time - 4 day work week, Overtime available
- Pay: $23.00 per hour
- Location: San Marcos, TX
- $1000 Sign on Bonus
- Drive routes for cleaning and maintaining portable sanitary restrooms
(cleaning interior and exterior of units and adding chemical solution to units).
- Set-up new jobs by delivering portable sanitary restrooms to include moving equipment as requested by clients.
- Pick up portable sanitary restroom units and return to assigned warehouse storage area.
- Maintain vehicle to ensure it is kept clean and obey all applicable traffic laws to include adhering to weather or road condition warnings.
- Reports any unsafe situations to Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, and/or Dispatch.
- Works closely with dispatch to improve route efficiencies and practice.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatcher to ensure effective and efficient service.
- Follows all route duties as directed by Dispatch, Operations Supervisor, or Operations Manager.
- Assists other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order; and reports any safety issues on standard vehicle maintenance log.
- A valid Class C driver’s license with a good driving record. (Required)
- Must have at least one (1) year of driving experience.
- Must be 21 years in age or older per insurance requirements
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Skills and Physical Requirements
- Geographical knowledge of service area and/or efficiency in using mobile mapping apps (google maps)
- General maintenance and safety knowledge.
- Knowledge operating electronic work tablet to track mileage, down time, and other work-related reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from managers to accomplish essential duties.
- Strong organization, detailed oriented, and time management skills.
- Sits, walks or stands for 4–8 hours within a given day while delivering or servicing portable restrooms.
- Frequently lifts, transfers, or moves up to 80 lbs.
- Frequently moves about, bends, stoops, kneels, climbs stairs, or ladders.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality are necessary to perform the essential job duties.
Frequently travels to/from client locations and works in outdoor weather locations, exposed to various environments such as rain, wind, or heat. Frequently exposed to cleaning chemicals and/or other disinfectants. Frequently uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). May be exposed to a noisy environment while completing daily tasks. Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise); determining tasks, priorities, and goals; and being exact with any requested written reports for documentation purposes.
**Bilingual Spanish candidates are encouraged to apply**
J Bar is a rapidly growing rental service company based in Burnet, TX. With an average yearly growth of 26% yearly for the last 3 years, J Bar is on a steady trajectory to the top of our industry! J Bar’s goal is not just to be a major player in our industry, but to be the premier employment destination in the Texas Hill Country! Our mission, vision, and core values are not just something that we post on a wall and then forget about. We don’t view our employees as a means to build our profits. We view our profits as a means to build our employees both personally and professionally. Before reviewing the job description below please take a minute to review our mission, vision, and values. We look forward to meeting you in an interview soon!
The Mission of J Bar Enterprises, LLC is to serve our employees, customers, and the community by living out the example that Jesus set when he washed the feet of those around Him.
J Bar is a people building company, transforming our people, their families, and our communities.
J Bar is a customer service company that exceeds expectations in the field and in the office.
J Bar is a media company that promotes our customers’ interests, by finding ways to use technology and media to promote our customers and to provide added value to every dollar a customer spends with us.
J Bar is a community service company that seeks out opportunities and takes proactive steps toward serving and supporting members of our community that are in temporary and long-term need.
Servanthood: There is nobody we are too good to serve.
Excellence in the Ordinary: We are faithful in the little things
Self-Employed Mentality: This is not a J-O-B. We all act like we own the business.
Family: We balance family and working hard.
Honest Communication: We broadcast information to team-members with integrity.
Overcomer: We find solutions, not excuses.
Drug free workplace.
You may be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a credit check, motor vehicle record check, and drug/alcohol screening depending upon the position for which you are applying. J Bar Contractor's Services will ensure that all background, credit, motor vehicle record checks, and drug/alcohol screenings are conducted in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes
J Bar Contractor's Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.