Monday – Friday
11:00 pm – 7:30 am
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Makes electrical, plumbing, and general repairs to buildings a well as troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery and equipment throughout the facility.
- Diagnoses and remedies electrical or electronic troubles and repairs and replaces equipment as needed
- Conducts fabrication maintenance
- Must be able to obtain a forklift operator’s license and safety operate a forklift.
- Cuts and joins metal parts using a variety of techniques
- Welds and cuts all types of material using electric arc, oxyacetylene, or other welding techniques in horizontal, vertical, or overheard positions.
- Must maintain tools provided by the company and furnish own tools to function properly in this classification
- Enters equipment records, data, and notes into computerized maintenance management system
- Ability to read drawings, troubleshoots and make repairs independently
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED and minimum of 3 years relative work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery. Must be able to use and interpret technical drawings, and schematics (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) as well as verbal instructions
- Able to function (and safely) troubleshoot and repair AC and DC, controls, devices, and machines. Must possess a basic knowledge of DC and AC drives
- Skills needed to do fabrication, maintenance, joining and cutting ferrous and nonferrous metal parts and structures using a variety of techniques
- Weld and cut all types of material using electric arc, oxyacetylene, or other welding techniques in horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Aptitude to read tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations, and use a calculator
- Ability to work at other facilities, weekends, other shifts and to be on call
- Capacity to stand for 8 hours or more and lift to 75 pounds
- Skill to learn production operations
- Must be able to twist, bend, and reach to perform job duties.